2,275 total views, 2 views today
The results of 14, 620 candidates who took the Unified Tetiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) for the 2021 have been released after investigations even as those of 93 candidates are withheld.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) made the announcement, also pointing out that it withdrew the results earlier issued to 14 candidates on the ground of malpractice.
In a statement by JAMB’s Head of Media, Fabian Benjamin, in Abuja, the board said the decision to release the results followed the consideration and further approval of the recommendations of the investigators by the board’s management at a meeting on Tuesday, July 27, 2021.
According to the statement, the results of 332 blind candidates whose examination was conducted this month have also been released.
Offered the statement: “You will recall that the Board, in its earlier release, stated it would still review the results of the 2021 UTME exercise and any candidate found wanting would have his/her result withheld.
“Out of the withheld results thirteen were discovered to have been involved in examination infractions after they were released and the one earlier withdrawn bringing the total of the results that have been withdrawn to fourteen”.
The affected candidates whose results have been withdrawn include: Gabriel Micheal; Lawson Ruth Joy; Sadiq Mahbub Auwal; Attama Lawrence Ikedichukwu; Tambaya Yahaya; Anowa Anointing and Ogbonna Joseph Dibia.
Others are: Ani Maryrose AdaLoki) Loiki Ayomiposi Precious; Ekeocha Chinecherem Michael; Oluwarotimi Toluwanimi Ayanfeoluwa; Edu Teslim Abiola; Simon Friday Promise and Onyeama Odi.
In an earlier statement, the JAMB spokesperson said investigations revealed one of the candidates whose result was withdrawn, Lawrence, had hired a professional examination taker to sit the examination on his behalf.
JAMB claimed his luck ran out when the Board’s post-examination processes discovered that the candidate had been impersonated in the course of the examination, noting that on further scrutiny, other hidden dimensions to the case were also unravelled which the candidate had admitted to in the course of perpetrating the fraudulent act.
The JAMB Spokesman noted that following management’s consideration and approval of the recommendations of the investigators, the result of Attama Lawrence Ikedichukwu, whose examination was taken on his behalf at the University of Nigeria, MTN Library, Nsukka, Enugu State, on Tuesday, June 22, 2021, during the second session of the examination for that day, be withdrawn.
JAMB restated that no result obtained through fraudulent means would be allowed to stand, noting that the cancellation is in line with the Board’s policy of cancelling any result fraudulently obtained by any candidate even when such had been released.
It further stressed that it has been engaged in the viewing and assessment of all closed circuit television (CCTV) footages of the examination as well as the adequacy or otherwise of the security measures put in place to forestall examination infractions.
The Board warned that the above-stated case might just be the first of the many that would be unearthed in the course of the review as many more infractions might yet come to light.
It also revealed that a top security officer who had facilitated the forgery of the Board’s admission letter is being investigated for possible culpability and subsequent prosecution.