Controversial Statement: CCT Spokesman Removed

 4,580 total views,  4 views today

Ibraheem Alhassan

The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has replaced Ibraheem Alhassan as its spokesman.

Since issuing a statement littered with grammatical blunders and ethnic slurs in defence of his principal, Danladi Umar, who was caught on video hitting a security man, Alhassan has been in the news.

After he was roundly criticised, Alhassan described the statement as an “unedited draft” that had not received authorisation.

Confirming his recall by the ministry of information on Tuesday, Abdumalik Shaibu, chief registrar of the CCT, stated that a replacement had already been sent to the tribunal.

Said Shaibu: “It is true. He was posted to us from there in the first place. “I got the news that he has been recalled but there is no official letter yet from the ministry.

“I was told there is an official letter but we are still waiting for it. A replacement came in last week Friday, and Ibrahim came to introduce him to us. We are hoping an official letter will be coming this week so that the new person can resume fully”.

When asked if there is a fixed tenure for the position, Shaibu said he was not aware.

Offered he: “It is like a routine posting. They can post and recall at any time. Ibrahim has spent about seven years with us. There is no fixed tenure. Or the ministry should know. We don’t know what the norm is in the ministry. We just see them.

Shaibu also said he did know the reason(s) given for Alhassan’s recall.

Remarked he: “Maybe if I see the letter which we are still expecting, the reasons might be stated”.

Share This

Related posts

Leave a Comment